Tuesday 10 January 2017

6 WAYS TO BEAT THE JANUARY BLUES



The January Blues are well and truly upon us (groan). Christmas has been and gone, everyone's back to work, school and uni and as for the weather, well let's face it, it's utterly crap!

Quite frankly, January is a very depressing time of year. So I've decided to write a lighthearted post of 6 things you can do to beat the January Blues and feel a lot happier! 

1) Write a list of goals you want to achieve

It sounds so simple but I think it's so important to have a clear sense of direction of where you want to be. It's a new year and a completely clean slate for all of us, to turn our dreams into a reality and to tackle everything head on from the outset. 

2) Start up a new hobby 

It's so important to make time for yourself and to do the things that you find genuine enjoyment in. For me, I love writing and being creative so I've pledged to myself that I will write more and start drawing again this January (I've even bought my own little sketchbook!) 

3) Pick up a book

Daylight is scarce at this time of year and we're often cooped inside a lot more (it's certainly doing my head in!) If you're feeling as bored and restless as I am, why not pick up a book to enjoy? I always say to myself that I ought to read more and now seems to be a pretty apt time to do so! 

4) Have a sort out 

I was spoilt rotten this Christmas! I'm completely overwhelmed with all of my lovely gifts but when I returned to my uni room and tried to put them all away, I quickly found that I have a serious lack of space! I've sorted out all of my drawers and I've made a huge pile of clothes and other bits that I no longer want for a charity collection. Having a sort out is sure to make you feel a little bit calmer and more relaxed this dreary January! 

5) Go for a walk

Fresh air really does make all the difference to my mood. I can completely appreciate that the evenings are short (and dark) incredibly early, but if you can schedule in a walk into your daily routine, you will feel so much better for it. 

6) Make plans for the Summer! 

I know they seem a long way off  but I am seriously excited for the upcoming Summer months. I want to travel more this summer and plan a few nice days out too. If you're feeling particular restless, making plans for the Summer is bound to improve your mood! 

So there you have it! 6 ways you can beat the January Blues and improve your general happiness! Thanks for reading! 


Antonia x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Antonia Writes. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig