Tuesday 6 December 2016

THE BEST OF THE CLOTHES SHOW

 Image result for the clothes show birmingham 2016


I was lucky enough to attend Britain's biggest fashion festival The Clothes Show in association with Alcatel on Friday 2nd December at the NEC in Birmingham and I think it's well worth a visit. I know it's Blogmas, so technically all of my posts up until the 25th should stick to the Christmassy theme but I really liked the Winter trends on the runway, so I thought I would do a quick round up of the show itself and the key winter trends to take away which are absolutely perfect for the festive season! 

The Clothes Show was all things fashion and beauty with a really unique mix of fashion and beauty brands, boutiques, fashion experts, catwalks and countless celebrity appearances. My favourite brands were ASOS Marketplace and the Spectrum make up brushes. It was so interesting walking around the ASOS Marketplace and seeing some of the goods fashion graduates have produced; it's pretty inspiring! Some of the high street brands such as Barry M also made an appearance, offering really good discount deals, which were perfect for Secret Santa or stocking filler gifts.

There were some really inspirational speakers at the event including Lifestyle Blogger Grace Victory and I quickly fell in love with everything Grace represents! I love fashion events such as the Clothes Show but as a feminist, it's so important to me to not get too swept up in the increasingly synthetic face of fashion. Grace gave an inspiring speech on female empowerment and seeing the beauty in every woman no matter what shape or size they are which is really important to remember, especially when many beauty products are constantly encouraging you to change how you look to fit into a singular model of 'beauty'. I completely agreed with everything she said!

After looking round at some of the brands, I watched the show at the Alcatel Theatre Runway and it was absolutely spectacular! I loved the mash up of contemporary dance routines which were fluidly weaved into the runway performances and I was really impressed by all of the looks showcased. If you missed the Clothes Show this year, don't fret! I've summarised all of the key Winter trends outlined during the show to fill you in...

Gothic Glamour
Halloween may be over with but we can still take some Gothic inspiration into our style this Winter. Think black lace, crushed velvet, chokers and berry hues! This is a seriously hot trend this season which you do not want to miss out on.  

Winter Florals
Winter is definitely in bloom as feminine floral prints with an edge are so in! I will be sticking to winter floral printed dresses for Christmas parties, combined with Gothic red lips. 2 trends in 1!

Maximalism 
While one of the fundamental lessons we all learnt in fashion was 'simplicity is best', this season has completely turned that style principle on its head. Think loud prints and excessive detailing which scream ''The party has arrived!'' 

Metallics
It's okay, our go to party staple trend is officially 'trendy' this season. Metallics are my go to in Winter, as they fit in so well with the festive season. I'm loving metallic jumpsuits and lots of rose gold metallic jewellery.

On Parade
Military was probably my least favourite trend to be showcased this year as it's been done so many times before, but it does make sense. Tailored jackets and structuring are perfect for winter weather but I'm kind of tiring of head to toe khaki ensembles.


So there you have it; my round up of the latest trends to get you by this season! I really enjoyed my first time attending the Clothes Show and I'm so lucky that it was only on my doorstep in Birmingham. Unfortunately, this is the last year that the Clothes Show will be held in Birmingham (boo!) But it's okay because the Clothes Show is quite literally, moving on up to Liverpool where the event hopes to expand into a city-wide event held at multiple locations. Can't wait to see what the new face of the Clothes Show has in store for us!

You can get your tickets for The Clothes Show 2017 here (you're welcome!) But hurry, because tickets really do sell out quickly and you definitely want to get a good seat. I would recommend Zones A or B!

Thanks for reading guys! Do comment below if you went the Clothes Show this year and let me know what you thought of it! If you didn't go, let me know your thoughts on the top trends they showcased! Which trends will you be trying out?

Antonia x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Antonia Writes. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig